- Tim Johnson on Fear of Music: The Untold History of Rock Band Network
- Davin Harris on Why Are You Doing This? Hotline Miami and Drive
- Charles Gnarlson on The Doubt of the Benefit: Fake Progress and Lumosity’s “Brain Games”
- Ruby Rhod on EQUIP WOLF SHIRT; USE:WHISKEY// ON: SURVIVAL
- FatherTime on Pandora’s Lunchbox: Deregulating Decency With Dorks’ Dollars
Medium Difficulty Tweets
- 20 June 2012
- 17 July 2012
- 4 April 2013
- 16 May 2012
- 5 February 2013
Tag Archives: DayZ help
Another recent viral phenomenon is the explosion in popularity of Day Z, a mod for the formerly-niche military simulator Arma II: Combined Ops. Only a few months old, Day Z is now so popular that Amazon recently ran out of keys for Arma II and a recent version of the mod added support for more than a million player characters in the central database. It’s officially a Thing.
Even more striking than the scope of the mod’s sudden success, though, is the way in which every game blog of note seems to be covering it. Rock Paper Shotgun and PC Gamer are publishing post after post after journal entry, describing the poster’s experience within the mod. Even the recent interview with the mod’s creator, Dean “Rocket” Hall, is mostly in the form of the interviewer and interviewee comparing notes about their respective experiences with the game.
So the question remains to be asked: why is Day Z so popular? Continue reading