- Tim Johnson on Fear of Music: The Untold History of Rock Band Network
- Davin Harris on Why Are You Doing This? Hotline Miami and Drive
- Charles Gnarlson on The Doubt of the Benefit: Fake Progress and Lumosity’s “Brain Games”
- Ruby Rhod on EQUIP WOLF SHIRT; USE:WHISKEY// ON: SURVIVAL
- FatherTime on Pandora’s Lunchbox: Deregulating Decency With Dorks’ Dollars
Medium Difficulty Tweets
- 2 March 2012
- 23 October 2012
- 22 May 2012
- 28 May 2012
- 21 March 2012
Tag Archives: Street Fighter
You know that joke where a boy walks into his parent’s bedroom and catches them having sex? The one where the punchline is something like “What you’ve seen you can never unsee?” I’m not even sure if there is a joke like that but it pretty much sums up my experience with day-to-day things after my liberal arts education exposed me to many facets of feminism. I can see sexism. I can never unsee it. I’m not imagining it and it’s everywhere. I’m glad I see – I am a politically aware, socially active woman – but damn, it ruins shit for me that I used to enjoy.
So when I volunteered to write an article on Skullgirls it was not without an amount of trepidation or masochism. The game could very well enrage me.
Now, I don’t take myself too seriously and I like a good off-colour joke. But it really depends on the context of that joke. It’s the difference between, say, Chapelle’s Show and Fox News. It’s about awareness: of your art, of your medium, of your audience — most of all, of your genre. Continue reading